Our policy analysis capabilities include:
- Exploration of opportunities and challenges;
- Data collection and analysis;
- Policy solution development;
- Evaluation of practical, cost-effective strategies for policy reform;
- Building strategic stakeholder relationships and partnerships;
- Dissemination of briefings, white papers, and other materials to multiple audiences.
We have produced or collaborated on a wide range of policy briefings and documents, including:
- Wilson, K., Hirschi, M., Comeau, M., Bronheim, S., and Bachman, S.S. "Disparities in Insurance Coverage among Children with Special Health Care Needs: How Social Workers Can Promote Social and Economic Justice." Health & Social Work 39, no. 2 (2014): 121-127.
- Bachman, S.S. and Gonyea, J. "Improving Health Care Delivery to Aging Adults with Disabilities: Social Work with Dual Eligibles in a Climate of Health Care Reform." Journal of Gerontological Social Work 55, no. 2 (2012): 191-207.
- Bachman, S.S. "Accountable Care Organizations: Opportunities for Social Workers." Health & Social Work 36, no. 4 (2011): 245-247.
- Bachman, S.S. and Comeau, M.. "A Call to Action for Social Work: Minimizing Financial Hardship for Families of Children with Special Health Care Needs." Health & Social Work 35, no. 3 (2010): 233-238.
- The Catalyst Center. Breaking the Link Between Children’s Special Health Care Needs and Financial Hardship. Boston: Health & Disability Working Group, 2009.